Disney Cars VHS Sold For $7000 Is it Legit?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mrbassman777's picture
11/15/2016
Submissions:
Disney Cars VHS Sold For $7000 Is it Legit?

I just decided to search "Disney Cars VHS" on Ebay and I noticed that a copy that was previously listed for $7,000 was gone. I checked the completed listings for it, thinking that it had probably just expired, but it is showing as SOLD. Do you think this was a legit sale, or just someone tring to inflate prices again? I know it is among the rarest Disney vhs tapes out there, but that seems ridiculous.

CalzoneManiac's picture
09/03/2016
Submissions:

I'm going to have to call BS on this one...

mrbassman777's picture
11/15/2016
Submissions:

Probably just some guy buying his oonwn item and not completing payment to get the tape in the sold listings. He wouldn't have to pay for the item, or for final value fees. He coule then relist the same tape under a different account for, lets say $1000, and maybe actually sell it at an artificially ininflated price. That is the only way I could figure to do it.

chandler0201's picture
09/18/2016
Submissions:

There are only a handful of tapes that would garner $500-$1000, and none I have heard have gone for that much.  I call BS as well.

I bet there are boxes sitting in a Disney warehouse somewhere too.  Too bad most stores wouldnt touch VHS with a 10 foot pole liquidation wise, as that is how some of the rarest titles eventually got out.