King Kong 1933 60th Anniversary Collectors Edition

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Solidus's picture
09/23/2017
King Kong 1933 60th Anniversary Collectors Edition

Hi Everybody,

First time poster. I just finished going through an attic clean when I came across this vhs tape with slip cover.

Title: King Kong The Eighth Wonder of the World (Directors Cut, 60th Anniversary Collectors Edition)

The slip cover is not in the best of shape but is still holding together. My question is that I cant seem to find even an image of the version on the internet, no sold copies or evidence that its in existance. I find the normal theatrical release, but not this version with the cover art shown on mine. Would anybody have any information if this is collectible/is it hard to find. Or am I simply missing something and its super common. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

P.S Have no idea how to upload actaul pics of the item here. The front cover has King Kong holding Fay Wray in one hand while climbing what looks like a building and has the "Including special behind the scenes documentary It Was Beauty That Killed The Beast".

Rated PG in a yellow trainagle with PolyGram Video written underneath in the bottom right hand corner.

unclesporkums's picture
12/17/2016
Submissions:

Would the artwork look anything like this?

Related image

CalzoneManiac's picture
09/03/2016
Submissions:

I don't see any UK rating on that copy of King Kong...

Solidus's picture
09/23/2017
I cant seem to show photos on here even when I have the url address. Hopefully you will be able to see them by following here. I would not be as interested in this if I could find even a single image of it on the internet, but I can't no matter how hard I look!!! 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HMjxWQQL2ywr3SzH3

Many Thanks for any info guys!

unclesporkums's picture
12/17/2016
Submissions:

Calzone, I was using that as an example.

Thanks, Solidus. I've just run it through a Google Image search and found several copies on UK ebay (All sold) and Pinterest.

Solidus's picture
09/23/2017
Thanks unclespokums. Would I be able to ask you for a link to a result you found showing this? Ive looked again on what you have mentioned above and cant seem to find the same. All I come up with is the original version, not the directors cut 60th anniversary special. 

Technology does not seem to be on my side this month! Any link you could provide would put my curiosities to rest.

unclesporkums's picture
12/17/2016
Submissions:

Welcome! Certainly. Here's the pinterest link. https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/383017143300157196/

It's about in the middle of the page. Just a few scrolls down